1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest scenes in TV history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

1. LOST --

2. Friends --

3. The Shield -- Can't find it
    4. House -- (Closest I could come to what you described)

5. Heroes -- (Closest I could come)

6. Survivor: Australian Outback finale -- (Final vote)

7. The Sopranos -- (I think this is partially what you described)

8. 24 --

9. RAW -- (Part 1)
    ; (Part 2)

10. Super Bowl XXXVI --

2. Flash

Flash Guest

That wasn't their first kiss. It was their second.

Their first kiss took place in the coffee house, the night he broke up with Julie to be with Rachel.

My favourite Friends moment:

3. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

From the Christmas episode of Studio 60

Sorry, for some reason this clip has no dialog, but the music is still great.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

When Lindsay takes the first step up that bus, and turns to her mom, her lower lip quavering almost imperceptibly, pauses and says "I'll see you soon." That crushes me into water works consistently.... just like "Dad, you wanna have a catch?"

What a great fucking show.

5. Simon_Cowbell

BTW, Trip.... way to earn that massive response to a thread-start....

6. Simon_Cowbell

As much as I love the F&G signoff, this is my favorite ... most truthfully ringing sendoff scene.

Sublime half-dozen minutes.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Here are some of my favorite moments.

1. In my very first post, I talked about the Different Strokes episode where Willis moves out because he feels he's a grownup and doesn't want to obey the rules, and gets into an accident where his friend gets killed. Willis starts crying and says 'Look at me, I'm crying like a little boy. Mr. Drummond replies: "No son, you're crying like a man."

2. WWE Raw: The episode after Owen Hart died. The part that really got me was the 10-bell salute, when it showed Mark Henry with a tear coming down his face, and Jeff Jarrett sobbing.

3. End of Lost, season one. The Others kidnap Walt and blow up the raft. You don't know if the anyone survives the explosion. And also, Locke looking down the bottom of the shaft.

4. All in the Family: An episode in which Archie, who is trying to receive unemployment, talks a suicidal man down off a ledge while just walking back and forth, scaring the people in the office. Archie talks the man down after showing him a picture of his grandson.

5. ER: Two episodes. First, the episode in which Dr. Greene performs an emergency C-section on a woman because he's not receiving any help from the OR. The woman dies, the baby lives. The silent scene that shows Dr. Greene telling the father (who is holding the baby), is very sad, as well as the one where Greene starts crying on the train.

The second ER moment was in the first season, when there's a huge car pileup, and patients are coming in droves. It's the scene where the African-American nurse (and I forget her name, sorry), is amid all the chaos, singing and rocking a crying baby.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. First one I thought of.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

One that hasn't been mentioned yet...
    Season 5 of The Shield. Forrest Whitaker's character breaking down in the interrogation room, pleading for his wife to get some mental help, nearly taking her back then telling her she's going to be arrested for filing a false police report, the man is in tears and then looks up, realizes that the camera in the room is still on and flies into an angry rage when he realizes that Vic and Lem had just watched the entire scene.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Excellent choice.

A lot of the best in my lifetime have already been already been mentioned.

The episode of Band of Brothers where they discover the concentration camp is some intensely powerful stuff.

The Beavis & Butthead episode where they attended a poetry reading at a coffee shop still has me laughing. ;D

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Favorite West Wing exchange:

President Josiah Bartlet: How'd you get him?

FBI Special Agent Michael Casper: He was pulled over for a bad brake light and he thought it was something else.

President Josiah Bartlet: Two-year investigation gets its first crack from a broken taillight.

FBI Special Agent Michael Casper: In thirteen years with the Bureau, I've discovered that there's no amount of money, manpower or knowledge that can equal the person you're looking for being stupid.

President Josiah Bartlet: God, well... Some of the stupidest criminals in the world are working right here in America. I've always been very proud of that.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ed Marinaro's character getting shot in Hill Street Blues was hard as hell to watch but has to be included on this list.

Draft saved Draft deleted