1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Obit Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison, Cranberry. And I went to pick her up in the rain.

You wouldn't believe it, but before I could get to the station, she got runned over by a damned old train.

True story.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I don't know which is better, the story or the avatar...both absolutely fantastic.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I'm always skeptical of the obits that say the dead dude was "loved by all." Oh, really? He wasn't a prick to somebody? He didn't love one kid more than the other, and the others knew it? He couldn't be an absolute asshole who took pleasure in others' misfortune? Really, "loved by all"? No fucking way.

When I die, I want them to prop me in the corner and everybody get up and tell all the bad shit I did in my life. Should last a good two hours or so. What the fuck do I care? I'm dead. And they're drunk. Good for all.

4. I wonder how long it takes for someone to mention, 'Wore leather pants.'

5. joe

joe Active Member

Depends on whether any SportsJournalists.com compatriots are there. If so, in the first five comments. Otherwise, eh, not so much.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It did have Mama, though.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, here's a guy from Puerto Rico that was propped up in the corner:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/ap_on_fe_st/puerto_rico_standing_wake;_ylt=AizqPL9X6Hrl13vvHdRe0_7tiBIF

[​IMG]

How do you say Weekend at Bernie's in Spanish?

8. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

9. You would take the time to ask each and every family member if they agreed? There are like six siblings listed, not to mention aunts and uncles and kids!
    That's a lot fo work for a paid obit.
    You are far more dedicated to that than I.
    I'd spike it and move on.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Honestly. What the hell is Zangief doing to that poor kid?

11. If they don't like it, they can write their own damned paid obituaries! More money for us!

Draft saved Draft deleted