1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest news story EVAR! from my hometown

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 23, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Four students were taken to the hospital with minor injuries Tuesday after a Findlay school bus collided with a car at the intersection of Washington Street and Hurd Avenue.

The driver of the car was not at fault, but fled the accident scene on foot and led police on a chase through a section of the city's storm sewers.

Chad Nye, 28, of Findlay, was arrested after emerging from a manhole, and is facing various misdemeanor charges including driving while intoxicated.

Nye also was injured, but was able to free himself from his wrecked car and fled.

Officers located him nearby on a railroad trestle north of Washington Street. He reportedly disregarded police orders to stop, and fled into a storm sewer pipe, which was about 4-5 feet in diameter, just east of the railroad at the Blanchard River.

Lt. Sean Young said two officers followed Nye into the storm sewer in an effort to detain him. Nye eventually exited the sewer several blocks away, climbing out a manhole in the middle of the intersection of South West and West Main Cross streets.

Young said passing motorists called police to report seeing a man come out of the manhole.

Nye continued to flee on foot and was apprehended by two officers in the 400 block of West Sandusky Street, near the Hancock Historical Museum.

He was charged with operating a vehicle while impaired, failure to comply, driving under suspension, leaving the scene of an accident, obstruction of official business and an open container violation.

Courier reporter Steve Dillon will have more details on Wednesday.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That story sucked, and the "evar" is retarded.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Amen on the "evar" thing. Enough already.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Can I still say "Winnar!"? I like it.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Are we nevar allowed to use it?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The 'ar' in general is played out.

But that's just my opinion. Anyone can do whatever they want. Let me repeat that: I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE WHAT TO DO. JUST STATING THAT I DON'T LIKE IT.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Typical fucking woman.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The whole fail thing has run its course, too. And yes, I'm telling you nevER to use it. EvER again.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nevar, evar?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll stop saying Nevar when you stop drinking Miller in a can. Deal?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Right on cue, Zeke.

That's a deal, Doc. I'll switch to award-winning Natty Lite.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I mean, it's not like I'm tattooing EVAR across my forehead. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted