1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Music Videos. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That is a great video, even if it does have Lynch, the worst drummer for any major rock band not named Don Henley.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

good look, though, at the very least, you have to admit

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Save it for Later by The English Beat

Love Plus One by Haircut 100

Another excellent song and video, Let Me Go by Heaven 17

4. Songbird

Mirror Man by Human League

5. And we have a winner!

Saw Benatar a couple years back. Looks and sounds as good as ever.

And I can't believe nobody has yet to mention "She Blinded Me With Science" by Thomas Dolby.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure someone was going to beat me to the punch there.

I saw her this year. You're right: She still brings the goods. Pretty goddamn impressive for 54.

Have you ever seen her daughter? She, uhh, has what Mom lacks, let's put it that way.

7. Songbird

Lies by Thompson Twins

And yes, She Blinded Me With Science is great, but even better is Hyperactive (describes me as a kid)

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

SCIENCE!

9. Songbird

IN A MINUTE I'LL BLOW!

10. Um, yes, I know exactly what you mean about her daughter. Mom's got better lungs, but daughter has ... better lungs.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

For a guy who loves chick movies, you sure do like some good music videos. :D

Two Tribes was, I believe, banned by MTV...or at the very least only shown in the late-night hours. Cool video.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, I had no idea "You Better Run" was the second video on MTV. Wouldn't have picked that one in a million years.

Saw Pat Benatar at Maple Leaf Gardens on the Precious Time tour. Awful venue for her, she had absolutely no stage presence other than to take three steps and pump her right arm in the air (seriously, she must have done it a hundred times) and her hubby Neil Geraldo still hasn't met a guitar solo he couldn't beat to death. David Johanson opened that night and he was far more entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted