1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Moment in (sports team's) history

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

DIAFF!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

A direct quote I once received from Jack Billingham: "I've got a World Series ring that says that wasn't that big of a deal."

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Cubs: Leon Durham or Alex Gonzalez

4. Harrison's interception return, not fumble, and I agree with you about that . . both were great plays in super bowl history.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Now, hold on a second.
    Brad's relationship with Pittsburgh was 30 years worth of rocky before some recent reconciliation.
    Ben's only been on the outs since March.
    As for the "iconic" comment regarding the IR -- who's to say the Holmes catch might not be the stuff of legend in 30-40 years?
    Great throw, great catch, great result. And it won a championship. I'm going to guess there was some hugging going on after that. And the IR just as much "saved" a dismal offensive performance in '72 as the Holmes catch did the SB. You do know that the score at the time was 7-6, right?

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whoops ... brain fart.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

That is fucking awesome. :D

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Toronto Maple Leafs:

1) Bill Barilko's overtime goal that gave the Leafs the 1951 Stanley Cup, their fourth title in five years, their sixth in 10 years but their last one for 11 years, which was a record drought during the Conn Smythe era.

2) George Armstrong's empty-netter that clinched the 1967 Cup, the team's fourth in six years but the final one of the 20th century and well beyond.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bills: Mike Stratton's tackle of Keith Lincoln in the 1964 AFL Championship game. One of the hardest hits in history.

Second and third, the 51-3 destruction of Oakland to advance to the 1991 Super Bowl, and the comeback against Houston.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I applaud everyone's abilty to think beyond last year.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"70-chip was a purrrrfectly executed play ..."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When I think of the Redskins, I prefer to think of Theisman's "touchdown pass" to Jack Squirek.

The Raiders has to be Willie Brown taking it to the house in XI. Or Kenny King running down the sideline with Bob Chandler on his wing against the Eagles. Marcus Allen's run - or maybe even Mike Davis picking off Sipe in the snow. Sea of Hands? Heidi Bowl? Bo vs. Boz?

Draft saved Draft deleted