1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest furniture idea ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 1, 2009.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm thinking with the right tools and the know-how, you could get by with building one for under $4,000.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Does that include divorce attorney fees?

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Well, you figure the big TV is going to be a pretty big chunk, and the beer fridge/tap things are stupidly expensive. And the scoreboard has a computer. Plus two more TVs. That's a decent amount of money before you've even really started.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If I were building one, I think I'd ditch the scoreboard thingy. It seems like overkill, since most sports broadcasts usually run a scoreboard somewhere on the screen.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to build my own furniture. With the right tools, I don't think it would be that hard, but it would be a pretty big investment in tools & space to do it.

If I upgrade to bigger work space for my current business, I might look into buying some woodworking tools.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

True and for that money you could buy all the parts, a kegerator and do it yourself for much less.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

thumbs up from this guy

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My buddy is building a boat in his apartment. That's right in his apartment. A 24 1/2' outrigger. The table runs the length of the apartment and its going to take him about a year. No prior woodworking experience needed.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I call BS on two things:

1) The Nats are winning. :D

2.) Aside from Hustle, I don't know many guys who watch sports who would need a 32-bottle wine rack.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Could be the Caps winning, I guess. Anything's possible.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Vietnamese Spin-Fuck Chairs is the greatest funiture idea ever.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's clearly single.

Draft saved Draft deleted