1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Entrance by a Pitcher Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Kenny Powers Eastbound & Down Season 2. Chapter 8. The guy could definitely be a star if the that Portman-Franco comedy takes off next month

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he's great, but I see him more as a strong supporting character than anything else.

As far as real pitcher's entrances, I would always get chills when Hells Bells would start playing.

I hate to bring up the guy, but early in John Rocker's career when they would play "I Wanna Rock" and he would sprint like a maniac to the mound was pretty cool too.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

uh, winning:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

I like Eastbound and Down, but they could have made the entrance better. He just copied Hulk Hogan.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Enter Sandman when Mariano Rivera comes in is always a great moment.

And ironically enough, Rivera has said that he's not crazy about the song. He says it doesn't fit in with his personality.

7. Mizzougrad96

I think there was a point in the 1990s when it seemed like every closer came out to "Sandman"

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Brendan Fraser coming in on an elephant in The Scout.

9. Mizzougrad96

One of the worst movies of all-time.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying about 'Hells Bells', but I think 'Problem Child' or even 'Highway to hell' would be much better choices to whip the crowd into a frenzy. Especially 'Problem Child'.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When was the last big baseball movie? There was a stretch there that they cranked out about seven a year.

12. Mizzougrad96

Hells Bells seemed less manufactured. The crowd would go ballistic and Hoffman would just stroll out there and it just created this feeling that this guy is such a badass that the game will be over in a few pitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted