1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest cop shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nearly 50 years later, this is still one of the greatest back-and-forth debates about the war on drugs I've ever seen.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always love how he introduces her as a virgin to his mother in the restaurant.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Five-O hit the skids badly in its last several seasons. The scripts got much more pedestrian and cliched. Supposedly the budgets were cut too and the shows started to look cheesy. Also H5O had been overtaken by rival shows and was no longer cutting-edge as it had been in its early seasons.

All that said, early-season H5O was awesome. The pilot episode with McGarrett being plunged by Wo Fat into the sensory deprivation tank was skin-crawling.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The lack of Dragnet is disturbing. And that's just the facts, ma'am. Also, SVU is getting crapped on pretty hard here. I'll concede that the original is better and should have been higher, but it isn't a bad show.

I also take issue with the lack of COPS. I know it's not a scripted TV show, but the amount of awesomeness and train wrecks aired can't be done by any other scripted show.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kojak? Baretta?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More evidence of mounting Swedish-Canadian hostilities.
    That's alarming.

HC likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Blame Canada.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nah ... we're cool with the Swedes. We employ their hockey players and they sent us "Bron" (the original of "The Bridge"). We're all good.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A lot of Hawaii Five-O's decline, IMO, came from no other reason than Jack Lord's aging, mellowing and losing his edge.

He wasn't a spring chicken (47) when the show began, and after the show had been on the air six or eight seasons, more and more he seemed to just be going through the motions.

Really there's no huge mystery to it; almost all shows that last more than five years have two or three peak seasons when they were really on their game, and after that is a gradual decline.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Is The Equalizer a cop show? He was more of a PI like Magnum, right?

11. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

That's what this place (and this thread) are for.

12. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted