1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest comeback ever?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 21, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I can't believe you would say that. SOCCER IS THE WORLD'S PASTTIME [/everysoccermomtryingtolegitimizeputting2,300milesaweekonherminivanwhilestealingherkidsADDmeds]

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Soccer moms don't give a hoot in hell about the world. Their world is their kids and their CUVs and their breast-enhancing sweaters. They want it legitimized because it's THEIR KID and that's what makes it important.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

mmmmmmmmmm...
    Breast enhancing sweaters.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Suddenly this thread is useless without pictures ...

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No. For single game purposes, Games 4 and 5 of the 2001 World Series were better. For series purposes, obviously the pinnacle was the Mariners coming back against the Yankees in 1995.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

"You play ball like a girl."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

According to CBS, this was the largest deficit ever overcome to win a conference championship game.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All this talk about God and sports makes me think, "What if She really doesn't give a shit?"

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This seems like an appropriate spot to mention this; If the Colts win the Super Bowl, was yesterday's game the NFL equivalent of the Red Sox' comeback against the Yankees in 2004? The Sox and Colts both had a stigma over their heads of not being able to come through when it matters and they were going against their chief rival, who had an "aura" or "mystique" that if the game was close, they would do the little things to win.

Both dug themselves deep holes and climbed out of it in historic fashion.

For the Colts, it's only been 36 years instead of 86, but they've never won a Super Bowl in Indianapolis and the NFL hasn't been around nearly as long as MLB.

I'd say the biggest difference would be that people in the northeast generally don't care nearly as much about the Patriots as they do the Red Sox.

10. Kable

Kable Member

I think so too. If I was betting on the game, I would bet on the Bears because a great defense usually beats a great offense. I am going to root for the Colts because I want all of this talk about Manning to finally go away. I also want Dungy to win one considering Gruden won the SB pretty much with his team plus the death of his son last year. He's due.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, JR, you are so forward thinking and sensitive! ::)

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I remember it well. MU was the QB, and the dude couldn't hit a broadside of a barn in the fourth. Shades of Peyton Manning many years before the fact.

Draft saved Draft deleted