1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Athletes of all-time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MagoIL, Jul 23, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not a bad choice.

Basketball is one of the most athletic pursuits, and he's incredible.

We need to bring back the Superstars and see some of these guys compete against each other.

Who is this generation's Dwight Stones?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Bo Jackson.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't forget that LeBron was an outstanding high school football player, as well.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

YF...I was goofing on him killing the pigeon in Toronto more than anything else.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We need more Robert Conrad'like asshole'ism.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but so were tons of people. I don't think we can really go woth that. But his basketball prowess alone puts him among the best.

7. Songbird

Great quote by Telly to Jenner: "It's like me putting my uniform on you."

Don't think he wanted *your* uniform, Baby.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wilt, of course, was legendary as an all-around athlete -- he ran track in college (high jump and 440 dash), was probably a world class volleyball player in his 40s, was supposed to box Ali, and Hank Stram supposedly wanted to sign him up as a tight end in his 30s.

Quinn Buckner was all-American in football as well as his basketball feats-- similar to Charlie Ward 20 years later.

But based on what they actually did on the field/court, not on everybody's dreams of what they might have done, it's got to be Bo Jackson.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He was more than "outstanding" at football. He was first-team All-State his sophomore and junior years and was a legit NFL prospect at 16.

To be able to do what he does, with his size and strength, is extraordinary. 6-9, 260 pounds, with 4.6 speed and a point guard's agility and acumen.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're all correct.

11. Songbird

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted