1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great website (Liberal attack dogs, on your mark, set...)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Way to take the Lord's name in vain, heathen.

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

"I was cooking dinner that night. I had to start braising the beef, pork butt and veal shanks for the tomato sauce. It's Michael's favorite. I was making ziti with the meat gravy, and I'm planning to roast some peppers over the flames, and I was putting on some string beans with the olive oil and garlic, and I had some beautiful cutlets, cut just right, that I was going to fry up before dinner just as an appetizer.
    I was home for about an hour. My plan was to start dinner early, so Karen and I could unload the guns that Jimmy didn't want, and get the package for Judy to take to Atlanta later that night. I kept looking out the window and the helicopter was gone.
    I asked Michael to stir the sauce, and Karen and I started out."

Difference between this and Yawn: one is a movie another is the rantings of a conspiracy theory nut whose worst nightmare came true - conservatives had six years of free reign and all they did was deliver a quagmire, double the national deficit, expand government, stomp on the Constitution and see more Americans fall into poverty.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Of course now conservatives now deny that GWB is a conservative. Why, he's almost a damn liberal.

4. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Romny is the GOP's only chance. The religious right dominates primary voting - Rudy's three marriages and McCain's flip-flops are unacceptable.

Bill Richardson folks. Bill Richardson. He will win Nevada, finish second in Iowa and will be the next president.

He balanced budgets in NM, cut taxes, is pro-business, pro-choice, has foreign-policy experience, is Latino and will bring fiscal responsibility back to the White House after 8 deficit spending years.

5. Irony is dead and gone.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

There's one problem with that package: He has to work with Congress.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

So, you're saying W and the GOP-controlled Congress worked together to deficit spend?

wow.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Congress doesn't give a shit about deficits. They care about getting re-elected.

And the media is doing it with this election - only a year away from getting heated up. And only 3 1/2 months from the last election. Makes their jobs easier.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you know plenty about packages, i'm sure.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

But, the President could veto the budget that includes deficit spending.

Funny, when the GOP held Congress and the WH they didn't care about deficit spending. But, didn't you give total credit to the GOP Congress for Clinton's budget surpluses?

Luckily, you have a forked tongue to speak out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, I gave credit to Clinton's budget surpluses to a economy that was as good as it has been in some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted