1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great story on cracking lottery scratch-off tickets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I assumed while reading that many of the details of the story were exaggerated. Once it's made into a film, it will become even more cartoonish, I'd assume. I don't see this as a big deal.

I just wish Richard Linklater had gotten his hands on this story first. A Bernie-esque film from him would've been amazing.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Here's my thought: $350,000 for an option on a piece of narrative journalism is fucking enormous.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My question is this: Where I live, you don't get to grab the tickets and look at them before buying. The clerk (or machine) gives them to you. So how can this "system" work if you're not allowed to look at the tickets before purchasing them?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering. The ones where I live are on a roll in a lucite case, and you can't see the roll because they have a display ticket in the front panel. Simple anti-fraud system, but effective.

Draft saved Draft deleted