1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Sports Editor job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by NI Sports, Jul 18, 2007.

1. NI Sports

NI Sports New Member

The Globe Gazette, an 18,000 daily and 23,000 Sunday newspaper in North Central Iowa is seeking a sports editor. We are looking for an experienced sports journalist who will plan and coordinate the activities of the sports staff to give our readers the best mix of local, regional and national coverage. The sports editor is a hands-on manager who paginates, edits, writes and represents the newspaper in the community. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) with profit sharing and matching funds, vacation, etc. Please send us your vision of what an ideal sports section should be, references, salary requirements, and your resume. Apply by e-mailing to news@globegazette.com.

Pre-employment Drug Screening Required

Equal Opportunity Employer

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I"m so there! Especially since it's a great sports editor's job.
    Can we skip the pre-employment screening?

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I guess the last guy didn't last too long.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/998074/

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't like a company asking what your salary requirements are. You either price yourself out of a job or you can be had for too little.

5. I say we got trouble!
    Right here in River City!

6. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

As a former sports editor, the term "great sports editor job" is an oxymoron.

7. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

My last sports editor was as big as an ox, and a moron.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, for everyone else at least. you, bob, still have to piss in a cup.

9. I didn't apply last time because it wasn't advertised as a "Great Sports Editor job."

Draft saved Draft deleted