1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great sporcle quiz: Every city to host men's NCAA Tournament games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Got 64 of 79. Missed three US cities.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Got 75. If I could spell, I could have gotten a few more. had no idea some of these towns hosted tourney games, must have been back in the day.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Two U.S. cities and ass kicked on the foreigns.

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Never heard of El Reno.

Got to 100 and quit with 3 minutes to go.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's the home of Redlands Community College. If it was their gym that was used for this NCAA Tournament game, someone ought to buy a plaque and hang it at the entrance if there isn't already something there to mark the event.

(The reason I know about Redlands is because the college I cover gets beaten badly by them on an annual basis).

6. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

Got 101. Basically all I did was get the obvious and most recent hosts, then go by state and basically type in the college towns. Only obvious one I missed was Buffalo.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

50 out of 79 on the dateline quiz. Got every U.S. one but Honolulu (face palmed myself on that)

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Here's another tough one. I blanked on a few obvious ones, but trying to pick out the No. 15 and 16 seeds a team beat is almost impossible. http://www.sporcle.com/games/rg2607/roadtothechampionship

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I got 81 right, and I'm sorely disappointed. I've heard of every town on that list, but there's a half-dozen or so that make you go, "really? they even have a gym there?"

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Got 122 of 156

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The quiz is a hard-ass on Murfreesboro (which it should be), but lets me know that I got 100 "citys" correct.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Got 92. Kent, Ohio? When?

Draft saved Draft deleted