1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Seth Wickersham interview on The Big Lead...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, May 25, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

http://www.thebiglead.com

Really good stuff about a really good guy...

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Also a Missouri grad, imagine that.....
    :p

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I wanted to give this a bump, simply because I truly enjoy Seth's writing (no, I have never met him) and I think he makes a very good point about being bold and having other talented writers to push you. That's damn good advice, and I wish I'd had someone to nudge me into being a little bolder when I was in college.

A good interview. Wish it had been longer.

4. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I'm glad he gave credit to Greg Mellen. I was blessed to serve under the man as well, and he was a profound influence.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

No photo credits ... is sleazy Big Lead back to stealing copyright content?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I love the story about Thompson getting all of the Super Bowl credentials. I'm guessing that was not an easy thing to do...

7. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

This guy sounds like such a dork. I love it. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know I'm not the only loser who feels like road trips and tournaments are vacation because of how much I look forward to spending time in restaurants (bars) talking shop with other reporters.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Seconded, in spades. Man knows his journalism, and is always willing to impart some wisdom.

Draft saved Draft deleted