1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great read: New Yorker piece on Kip Litton

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

If you're referring to LetsRun.com, have fun. If you think this place revels in drama....never a dull moment there, either. Great place for running and track & field discussion--and arguing--if those sports are your thing. And even if not.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't imagine how he could have executed either of those in the crowds of the Boston Marathon. Has anyone considered teleportation? That has to be the Occam's razor answer, right?

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I think the bike was involved and that there was another person who helped.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'm not that bothered by the lack of an answer to the why question ... and answering the how question, short of rock-solid proof, would be difficult. But I do wish that Singer had found a way to definitively confirm that Litton's kid had CF. That was the answer I kept waiting for, especially since it would be in character for a fabulist to create a sick kid as a way of deflecting queries.

But generally speaking, I really enjoy reading "watching the lie unravel" stories and this was one of the better ones I have read.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Update: The piece made this year's Best American Sports Writing anthology, unsurprisingly. I noticed that as I flipped through it at a bookstore this morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted