1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great press release

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by greenlantern, Mar 22, 2009.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This is the way it was written in the recap on the school's website. I suspect that this is a rewrite from the original post that was mentioned above. Still gets the point across that they think there was some home-cooking going on.

"The game was played just 21 miles from the MNU campus and in front of a partisan Pioneer crowd. Champions of the Heart of America Athletic Conference, the Pioneers were unseeded entering the tournament. But they were able to bounce the second-seeded Bison in just their second Division I tournament game.

The Heart of America Conference, with several teams in the Kansas City metropolitan area, was courted by the NAIA to move up from Division II. The move helped to boost attendance at the Kansas City tournament sessions. It also meant trouble for the Sooner Athletic Conference, however. Along with MNU's victory over the No. 2 seed, HOA member William Jewell knocked out the top seed, SAC champion Rogers State, 76-73 in a first round game Wednesday night."

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I like the most recent headline under Men's Basketball News:

Bison Take Life

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure William Jewell is still pissed about being falsely accused in the Atlanta Olympics deal. That might have been a motivation in the win ...

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

That was actually Richard Jewell.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

goddamn, mediaguy that was hilarious.

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Clicked the link a few moments ago. The page is blank now.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

And he's dead.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Then cross him off.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Austin Boots hit a big three-pointer. I remember that much.

Draft saved Draft deleted