1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great pranks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I think Chazp perpetrated one today on SportsJournalists.com.

2. Did you kidnap someone, GuessWho?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The quick one happened about 15 years ago, convincing the Michigan sports information staff to put an item in some of their basketball game notes: It was (Name of notoriously cheap radio pbp guy goes here) Night and in honor of the fifth anniversary of his buying his only post-game round of drinks at the local watering hole, he would be buying again.
    He saw it, and so did Steve FIsher, who squeaked "Was this in ALL the game notes." (it wasn't).
    Everyone tore through their stories and headed to the pub, waiting to see if the Round Mound of Expound would show up to buy; guys who never drank, showed up. Hell, even Fisher and his wife showed up and they'd never been there before. Sure enough, round mound showed up and made a beeline to Fisher's table in the corner -- his back to all of us. (Aside: When we all went to the bar after a game, we'd take turns; when it was this guy's round, he'd go to the john or chat with people around the bar till it came)
    We started quietly chanting "(Round Mound, Round Mound)"... the bar owner called him over and asked him if he needed to borrow some money to pay for the round. "Because if you don't buy, you're going to look bad" Even Fisher bought a round.
    Guys started leaving, tired from waiting in vain for him to buy. Finally, with four of us left (Hell, I got mail at this bar, I wasn't goin nowhere), The Round Mound bought a round.
    "I figured it was the least I could do," said he, accurately....

----
    A longer prank involved getting the same bar owner to put a stolen telephone handset in a brown paper bag so I could have a free beer, but that's for another time.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Do Tania, Steven Weed and SLA ring a bell? Well, that wasn't us.

Our little misadventure occurred about four years earlier. It was an innocent bit of mischief, but wound up taking an entirely unexpected and unfortunate turn of events that involved several law enforcement agencies and making a little news. But that's all you media jackals are getting out of me.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Senior year in HS, a buddy of mine & I released a few hundred crickets in all the bathrooms. The last month of school was pretty interesting from then on.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Anyone ever vaseline the door handles of a place?

Same place, I told my boss a can of Lysol was making a strange hissing sound. He said he didn't hear anything, so I told him to put his ear right up to it. He did, and I sprayed him in the ear to the bemusement of everybody else who he constantly bugged.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I vaselined the door handles of a boyfriend's car in college. I also put vaseline on his windshield wipers. Course after that it started raining. Um, oops, sorry babe :p

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I've also tied the doors of two dorm rooms together. On a school day. They had to jump out of their window to make it to class.

I've also "played through" before. You do this when one of your buddies is having sex in his room. You and a friend get a couple golf clubs and two balls, go up to his room, open the door and hit the balls in. Then you go putting around the room, but before you take your second swing, ask if the couple minds if you play through? Go around the room and leave. ;D

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ask SC to tell you about a Comet bomb.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

hehehehehehehe, neither my mother nor I ever put a put a firecracker in a container of Comet and lit it, and we especially never did it in the room of somebody from the dorms we disliked.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Last year, we tin foiled the niteside ed's desk. Took seven rolls. We even individually wrapped the pens in his desk, his chair, the phone (cord separately of course), and the change he left by his computer.
    [​IMG]

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Niiiiiiiice

Draft saved Draft deleted