1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great pranks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 1, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

Killer. End of Thread!

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

I had one pulled on me during this year's SuperBowl pregame show. I was born in Chicago and have been a huge Bears fan my whole life. One of my wife girlfirends, who is a huge Green Bay Packer's fan, called our house about 10 minutes before kickoff. I was in the bathroom and heard the phone ring, my wife brought the phone to me and Randi told me her car had broken down on the freeway and she couldn't get in touch with her husband, because he was out of state working. (His job often takes him out of state, so I believed this.) The distress in her voice sounded real to me and I quickly became concerned for her safety so I told her I'd be there in a few minutes, but I asked if I could bring her back to my house for a while so I could see some of the Super Bowl. (She lives more than an hour away from us, so the trip there and back would have cost me about three quarters of the game.) I'm caught now between missing my beloved Bears, who are about to play in their first SuperBowl in two decades and one of my best friends, whose in need of help. As I walk to the do, I tell my wife, "call me on my cell phone and keep me updated of the score." Suddenly, my wife bursts out laughing. She knew what was up and told me it was a prank, that Randi had called her and let her in on it before she handed me the phone and that Randi was sitting in her living room about to watch the game. Within a minute the phone rang again and it was Randi, my wife told her what had happened and then Randi talked with me. I could hear her kids and her husband bellowing in the background with laughter, because I thought I would miss the Bears playing in the SuperBowl to help out a Packers fan. Randi got me good!

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Cubs hired Lou Piniella.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

It's nothing as complex as some of these others, just childish. But I enjoyed them

In high school, my dad got a gag gift of canned farts called Phew! So I took it to school and we sprayed it in classrooms, etc. Went to a dance one night, walked into the middloe of the dance floor and let loose. You should have seen then people scatter.

Also, friend of mine coated my headlights with mud. So to get back I got into his car and doused his freshly-cleaned ROTC uniform with the stuff. Good times.

5. In high school I made a tape of the school bell and played it back in class. Got my class dismissed early. The principal only gave me two days of detention because he thought it was genius. He told me at graduation that it was the single greatest prank that any student had pulled in all his years as a principal.

I know a guy that's the ultimate prankster. About 15 years ago a city councilman from Fort Worth was found to have been taking bribes to the tune of several hundred thousand a year. My friend knew someone that worked at city hall and was able to furnish him with the councilman's home phone number. My friend then goes to a friend of his who works night shifts at a print shop and has several hundred bumper stickers made. They go around and slap these stickers on random cars. "Would you like to make an extra $100,000 a year? Call ***-**** to find out how." The councilman had his number changed after a couple of days due to the number of calls he was receiving on how to get rich quick.

Same guy and print shop around Desert Storm. They put together these flyers for a "Flag Waving Rally." The text of the flyer is all about showing the troops that your behind them and proud to be Americans rah rah rah. The kicker was at the end where it said to show your support by sacrificing your pet in the fountain in front of Dallas City Hall. They plastered these flyers up all over the metromess over the course of a couple of nights and then sit back and watch the fun. PETA was at City Hall in full force as well as a couple of local TV stations and some of the Dallas PD.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

"don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk" - Tom Waits (Heart Attack & Vine)

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

My comrades and I on the student paper pulled one on a campus radio doofus 37 years ago, but I don't think the statute of limitations has expired yet, so sorry ...

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If it was 37 years ago, it has. Unless you killed him. :-\

9. Or raped him.

10. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Does it have to be either/or?

11. Actually, kidnapping doesn't have a statute of limitations either.

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted