1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Posnanski column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jake_Taylor, Oct 2, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

FEE-nomenal column. Poz is easily my favorite columnist.

2. Blue_Water

Blue_Water Member

Enjoyable read, but why couldn't the mother leave when the father and son did?

The article said she was a minister, so maybe that was implied, but it seemed like a pretty big question to leave unanswered.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I agree, that jumped out to me as well. Apparently that's a question that has been left unanswered for a while, so maybe the family doesn't want to say why she stayed behind.

Of course, by the time I got to that point of the story I was already so blown away I didn't let it bother me too much.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

As I recall, there is some very involved back story with Hali's family. His parents split up (Tamba has made reference to living with his mother and stepfather in Liberia), his father came to the US to teach when Tamba was 2 or 3, his mother eventually sent the sons to join their father when Tamba was 12 or 13 to escape the dangers of Liberia.

5. Love the Pos. Great work. Thanks for the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted