1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great NFL Drafts (for franchises)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Feb 27, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

For the last time, it's a tattoo of a drunken LaMar Hoyt celebrating the '83 AL West title.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I wouldn't quite say that. As it turned out, he's not as good as Brees, but Brees was awful in, what, '03? And AJ Smith was in CYA mode so he took another QB. Then right before they would have had to make a choice, Brees' arm fell off (well, not really).

I'd bet Brees leading the Saints to a Super Bowl win before Rivers, but don't forget, the problem for the Chargers in the AFC title game this year was not Rivers and his torn knee but LT2 and his bruised lab...knee.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

See, this is why I can't trust you.

You think I'm going to devote my torso to LaMarr Hoyt and have you spell his name wrong? How am I going to explain THAT to my wife?

Jesus Pall. really.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

You looked it up, looser.

5. You're right, my dislike for Rivers may have clouded my judgment on the last sentence, but that draft really did go well for them. Consider: 1. LT made people forget about not picking Vick and 2. Vick's conviction would have been Ryan Leaf II.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't insult me Pall. I know how to spell his name. LaMarr Hoyt was a pivotal part of my youth. Twenty-four wins in 1983, started the All-Star Game for the NL two years later. Or was it three? No, it was two. I remember the insert card in the 1986 Topps Rak Paks. Got all doped up again after that. Him, not me. His insert was by far the booby prize of the Rak Paks. "I hope Darryl Strawberry is in this pack...ohhh, LaMarr Hoyt AGAIN?!"

Some ChiSox fan you are. FR_UD, would you like to buy a vowel? :D :D :D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted