1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Mike Freeman interview on The Big Lead

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I believe this is reserved for presidential candidates and Laker shooting guards.

2. tommyp

tommyp Member

From the interview:
    MF: You basically asked if I was ratted out. The answer is yes. Someone called the paper. I don’t know who. The paper would not tell me. But one thing I am going to do for my book is hire an attorney to discover who did it (I had heard from several lawyers at the time who believed — and still do – that I had a strong legal case for tortious interference). Then I want to confront the person and write a chapter about the entire experience.

To me, it certainly reads as if he doesn't plan to pursue anything except a chapter for his book.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

That should be a short chapter.

"Why did you rat me out," I pleaded. "Why? Why? Why?"

"Because I think you're a douchenozzle," he sneered.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Well played.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Freeman had a good run at the Times. There was no one in New York who was providing better insight to the Jets. All of the other Jet writers had a sameness about their work. Freeman's stuff stood out. I could see why he was pissing them off. It was solid football stuff and not redemption stories.

Great stuff on Luppy. On personal note I take pride in tossing some of those spit balls.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

your bedside manner sucks!!!! FRAUD!!!!!

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Those boards also debate the worthiness of mid-major hospitals.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Yeah, but those boards are just filled with bitter, untalented scrub nurses at 50-patient hospitals taking anonymous potshots at the big boys. Jerks.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Exceedingly well played.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You work your scalpel and yell "STAT" like a little effeminete bitch, Dr. BYH!

On another topic, did you see that Hungry Horse Regional is hiring proctologists?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Another running thread at medicalprofessionals.com: How the quiet hospital of Scrubs is nothing like the real thing.

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Bruhman delivered the goods.

Draft saved Draft deleted