1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Mike Freeman interview on The Big Lead

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 12, 2007.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

BYH, you're famous!!!!!

(I do wonder, however: how many other professions have something similar to SportsJournalists.com? Are there doctors out there ripping each other the way writers rip each other on SportsJournalists.com? Are the doctors writing under the name Bitteryoungdoc and saying: “That Dr. Johnson couldn’t use a scalpel if his life depended on it.” Is there a neurosurgeons.com?)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the worst thing you can say about the guy is that he lied once on his resume, I'd say Freeman is doing pretty well...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True, but to act like the big problem was the person that ratted him out rather than the fact that he misrepresented himself on his resume doesn't sit well with me.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It does seem odd he is pursuing it in the manner in which he described.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In my mind, Salisbury remains an embarassment to the profession.

6. Mizzougrad96

There are plenty of rumors out there as to who turned in Freeman to the Indy Star... While I'm not advocating lying on your resume, whoever turned him in is complete scum...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There are possibly worse crimes, but if you're going to rant about sportswriters who 'lie all the time' and are 'remarkably insecure,' (quoting from BigLead), you better insulate that glass house first.

8. Mizzougrad96

That's fair...

9. His book better name some names. If it's all "a NYC sportswriter," or "one guy told me that a PR guy said," it's going to get shredded.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Some of us might be willing to forgive his lying on the resume, but not if he's playing the victim.

11. Mizzougrad96

He went from the NYT to the Times-Union, if that's not paying a penance, I don't know what is...

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I can't believe it took 23 posts to get to the first Jacksonville cheapshot.

I can believe said cheapshot was delivered by Mizzou, though. Consistency is comforting, even if it's pointless.

Draft saved Draft deleted