1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great marketing - close your NFL concession stand on Sundays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I just found out there is one on 46th and Sixth.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The original fried chicken sandwich. They put butter on every bun, so you don't really need any toppings other than the pickle slices.

For breakfast, Chicken Minis (chicken nuggets on tiny yeast rolls) are hard to beat.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My favorite story about Southerners' obsession with Chick-fil-A also involves football. Former Auburn linebacker Cassanova McKinzy said part of the reason he chose Auburn over Clemson was that Auburn had a Chick-fil-A in the student union and Clemson did not.

Auburn recruit cites Chick-fil-A as factor saying no to Clemson

Inky_Wretch and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Breakfast biscuits

They make pretty good wraps too.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

They do a pretty good spicy sandwich.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am really indifferent to restaurant service, but the Chick Fil A, even in California, is NOTICEABLY three cuts above in customer service.

Hermes likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've noticed this in Chicago and the Chicago suburbs too. They are fully staffed, and they are unfailingly polite.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Likewise. The only time I've ever contacted a person's supervisor was at our local Chick-fil-A, and it was positive feedback. This guy went above and beyond to make sure our kids enjoyed themselves.

CFA is also almost always the cleanest fast-food joint out there.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Closest thing I've encountered when it comes to customer service is Culver's.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

CFA campus locations SUCK. At my university they have enough finished goods inventory room for about three minutes worth of peak demand. So that means about 10 minutes into the prime lunch window, they're literally assembling sandwiches to order. Plus, they're so fucking stingy with the condiments/sauces, they actually have a person tasked with handing those out, which means even more delays.

I think most campus locations are franchised through Aramark (or similar), so the experience is wholly different from a regular location.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I went into Chick-Fil-A with three toddlers once. The manager saw me, saw there was a long line and sent an employee to walk us to a table and then wait on us like we were in a sit-down restaurant. I was blown away. And the girl refused to accept a tip.

Draft saved Draft deleted