1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great marketing - close your NFL concession stand on Sundays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 16, 2017.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Chick-Fil-A gets a concession stand in the new Falcons' stadium and true to company policy it will be closed on Sundays.
    The stand will get its revenue from college football, MLS, and NFL games not on Sundays.

http://dailysnark.com/there-is-a-chick-fil-a/

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And CFA will get a shit-ton of free publicity.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From a quick glance at the website, the stadium has Garth Brooks, the SEC championship, the Peach Bowl, the CFP championship and a future Final Four among its non-Sunday dates. Guessing all the other marquee concerts and such will fill the schedule.

I think they'll be OK.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is Chick-Fll-A any good? I'm genuinely curious, if there are any outlets in Eastern Mass., they're well hidden.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

For a little over a year in the mid-'90s I spent a week a month working in Grand Prairie, just outside of Dallas, and on Friday afternoons I made a habit of stopping there for a couple sandwiches to take on the plane home. Terrific food, clean. I think they are beginning to pop up in the Northeast but I haven't had any in more than 10 years now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's awesome. Best fast-food chicken on the market.

I don't know how they feel about ISIS or Obamacare, but I've decided to risk it. They have a couple spots in the Bay Area.

Steak Snabler and sgreenwell like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There is one in Warwick, R.I., and I think there's one being built near Five Guys in Seekonk. Complete gluttony within walking distance, since I think there is also an "intimates" store in the same plaza.

8. Michael_ Gee

I'm not gonna drive to Rhode Island for a chicken sandwich no matter how good it is, but if I am in Chick-fil-A country in my travels, I'll check it out.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We got a Chick-fil-a in our airport a year ago. Before that it was the first place my Father in law would drive us whenever we arrived in Florida (followed by a trip to Publix.)

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Publix makes me ashamed for the Boston supermarket chains.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I tried a chicken salad sandwich at a North Carolina mall location many years ago. I was not impressed, though I don't remember why anymore. Boston Market was way better.

I have not eaten Chick-Fil-A since, in part because there aren't a lot of franchises nearby and in part because of politics.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CFA franchises are licenses to print money. The nearest one to me regularly has 20-plus cars in the drive-through at lunch.

And I'm sure Freq regularly trolls it to meet stay-at-moms who take the kids there and then turn them loose in the playroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted