1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great line about Berman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 18, 2007.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

You know what? I can't stand Berman, but this picture has made me respect the fuck out of the fat man. With looks like that, he's gotta be saying something right.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He's gotta be PAYING something right, you mean.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

Berman edges Stuart Scott as the biggest beating on the Worldwide Leader. The guy that says "Winner, winner, chicken parmesan dinner," is quickly moving up the list though.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't care what anyone says when I need wacky early 80s Tampa Bay Bucs footage, Berman is an annual rite along the lines of Wizard Of Oz or It's A Wonderful Life.

And to answer your question, yes, I hate myself and cry myself to sleep on a daily basis.

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

You know what, Bubbler? I can live with that. I can live with footage of ESPN not taking itself so effin serious, of Berman in that hideous canary jacket with the supermarket manager-esque ESPN patch on the breastpocket sitting in front of a set that looks like it just came out of the Bristol High Drama Club's latest production of "Grease."

What I do mind is Berman parachuting into places where he is clearly out of his element -- like the U.S. Freakin' Open. I don't care if he shot a million over playing Pebble Beach with J.J. Henry. I don't want him babbling his stupid, asinine, name-dropping, Sesame Street shit that detracts from the broadcast.

He adds nothing to an event where he doesn't belong and I'm sick of ESPN parachuting him in like the 101st Airborne to "validate" his existence and the existence of that event as something important. Meanwhile, a pro like Karl Ravech -- who I can assure you has forgotten more about golf than Berman's bulbous head has ever tried comprehending -- is dumped off to 12th-man duties.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bingo. "Braack, Braack, Braack," Merely makes me appreciate Jim Nantz and the job he does more, and Nantz's constant blubbering over Augusta and the Masters drive me nuttier than a shithouse rat. That said, Nantz gets that his job is basically that of a verbal traffic cop during golf telecasts. "Lets go to 16 and David Feherty........Tiger Woods is now two behind, lets go over to him and Verne......lets go back to 16 and Faherty..." Berman, after a decade of telecasts either isn't listening to directions or simply isn't getting any.

Draft saved Draft deleted