1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man, some people are way too high strung.

2. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

wow, this got a lot bigger than i ever dreamed.

to clear up, we don't have a sports ticker (so clearly you watch a lot) and the blog was written the next day.

It was written tongue planted firmly in cheek, but if you want to believe I regret angering the powers at Bristol, there's nothing I can do to stop you.
    We're honestly just enjoying the attention this thing has gotten (J-Ho's psyched his picture's on Awfulannouncing.....and future ESPN hires....he had nothing to do with it.....take out your anger on me.........)

3. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Great letter...

And markvid, as I don't post much and read only from time to time, a serious queston:

You always this nice?

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not going to piss all over brendo after he had the balls to come on and explain his post... but trust me when I tell you no one who works in TV in a mid-to-large market or network will read that posting and think it is anything but an ill-conceived rant from a guy with very little experience.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Sure people from this board know I am.
    I just don't like when small-market folk act like ESPN pissed all over them when it's not the case.
    There's a future ESPN hires site? Oh, this one I gotta see.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Also, Brendan, if it was done the next day makes it even more unprofessional.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Who wants bubble gum? [/Salisbury]

9. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

This thread is tremendously entertain. I also hope Brendan hangs around. He's fun.

And markvid, this is not meant to rile you up, but in your attempted dismantling of brendan, you are the one who comes off whiny, not him for a fairly innocuous blog post.

10. Agreed.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Dismantle?
    There is a slight difference between market 156 and 93 million homes.
    Apparently, from what I get out of his posts, they were seeking attention and it worked.
    Just too bad he had to be unprofessional to do it.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hell of a Wegmans in Johnson City.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.