1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pfft. You won't impress us until you're Blackberrying us during the telecast.

Until then...shoo, noobie. shoo!!!!

2. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

belive me....I'm not trying to impress anyone (except maybe markvid)

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, but you are in damage control now that you mouthed off and realize the internets are a little bigger then Central NY.

4. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

there is no damage control. I'm not applying and they're not hiring. So I think I'm good, unless they stop sending me all that high school video I need.

By the way, apparently someone shares your exact opinions on awful announcing as well.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I noticed that, too (the awful announcing blog).
    You are missing the point, this is not about YOU applying anywhere.
    It's about you making your station seem arrogant and uncooperative.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Brendo,

Your blog is an inspiration to anyone who has ever had to deal with bullshit on deadline.

Who cares if Markvid doesn't like it?

And if someone in Bristol reads it, more power to you, maybe they will think twice about trying to step all over people who don't work for them.

Maybe it gets you noticed. And chances are your not going to get turned down for an ESPN job because of tis blog, chances are you'll get passed over because you don't have a lazy eye.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

And chances are, it happened NOTHING like he said.
    There are more stations in that market, they could have gone elsewhere.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah I bet he made the whole thing up just to piss you off and give you something to do on your night off.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

No, but as he said, it was written after a bad newscast, so I'm betting he's seriously drooling the drool of regret into the pillow of remorse.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah thats what I do after a poor showing, blame somebody else and start drooling.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Oh, Brendan, by the way, next time you whine about the on-air graphic for WBNG, remember all of that next time you guys cover up the ESPN logo with your ticker on the many, many highlights you use from them to fill your air time. Works both ways.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wow. This thread turned ugly real quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.