1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

Oh, the spin starts...did you shit your pants when you realized that someone in Bristol actually might have read that?
    [/quote]

not really. Not looking to move, and certainly not looking to make the jump from market 156 to ESPN. And really not worried if they're mad with me.

2. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

wow, a random local question. I assume you're talking girl's lacrosse.
    It might be a struggle, but they may have them this year.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm going out on a limb and saying that's the first time that's ever been posted on this board.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

not really. Not looking to move, and certainly not looking to make the jump from market 156 to ESPN. And really not worried if they're mad with me.

[/quote]
    You ain't going to 155 after people realize you whine in public about doing stuff that stations deal with every day.
    You didn't burn your bridges, you napalmed them.
    Does the Piercing Pagoda in the Johnson City Mall need a manager?

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Not "Out of Bounds", that's a low-budget ESPN wannabe show on Comcast. But that's not important right now.

6. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

You ain't going to 155 after people realize you whine in public about doing stuff that stations deal with every day.
    You didn't burn your bridges, you napalmed them.
    Does the Piercing Pagoda in the Johnson City Mall need a manager?
    [/quote]

I doubt anyone hiring talent gives 2 toots about a blog post made about an annoying producer. If I was good enough to work there (I'm not) I would. They put up with much worse at the wwl.
    So I doubt I've napolmed any bridges.

I realize stations feed video to other stations/networks. I've done it plenty in the past.
    The blog post was a joke made about a producer's requests that were a bit on the pushy side. Maybe it was whiny. I can't really step far enough away from it to see. So I'll have to accept your objective, constructive criticism.

As for the piercing pagoda, they would likely tell me my BA from SUNY Binghamton doesn't make me qualified to run a cash register.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

this guy's cool

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I also find it interesting you whine about refeeding to Bristol for time crunches, yet, you're here posting this close to air.
    Something tells me the story is NOTHING like you say it is.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Don't people have days off?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Brendo I need footage of Grant Roberts sucking on a bong. Can you help me out?

Also, get me 30 seconds on the Broome County Dragons. (Are they still playing at the high school?)

11. markvid

markvid Guest

And what happened to Julia Sansom?
    I WANT MY WEATHER!

12. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

BC Dragons are no longer in existance. So sad.
    As for Grant roberts, I could probably find pictures, but sadly, no vo.

As for my time constraints tonight. I'm waiting on a tape to return from Oneonta. So a little bit of down time here. Saturdays are very busy. Tuesdays....not so much. and 45 minutes prior is not close to air.
    While I'm on set,....that's close to air.

Oh, and Julia is happily retired. Something it appears you wish I would decide to do very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.