1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thing is, they did help. Then ESPN called back and bitched about what they sent.

Yeah, I'd probably tell the ESPN drone to go fuck himself too.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sheeet . . . you just can't get happy drones at minimum wage anymore . . . drat.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Second.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And if ESPN called and asked for a refeed it's because someone on either end - probably on his end - fucked up the feed. It happens all the time.

ESPN's not going to ask for a refeed because they shot it poorly. They'll do it because it didn't have audio on the feed, or the signal was bad, or they sent the wrong section of tape, or whatever.

If this guy is going to get worked up about something like this he should go sell sweaters at the Gap. He'll have to deal with stuff like this every day in TV.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Not if he decides not to cooperate with ESPN.

6. PCLoadLetter

Look, I realize ESPN is a favorite whipping boy here. ESPN did nothing remotely out of the ordinary or out of bounds here, based on his rant.

His gripe is (a) they called him on his cellphone asking for highlights, and (b) they asked for a refeed. Again, if he can't handle that without crying on a blog he needs to get out now. That is what happens in the business. There is nothing remotely unusual in any of it, and in a market of any size he will be dealing with it virtually every day.

If it's not ESPN it will be his network affiliate.

7. I'm curious as to how ESPN got the guy's cell phone number to call him.

8. You must respect my local sportscast!

9. PCLoadLetter

I would bet very heavily they called the guy's desk and the desk gave it to them.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was great...

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If that guy doesn't post here, he should.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I had ESPN call me a couple months ago looking for video of something I covered that went national. Uh, I work for a fucking newspaper. I don't have video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.