1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great letter to ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txscoop, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's really nothing to bitch about, just boring as hell. Although, the one time I drove hungover from Erie to Ithaca, leaving Erie at 630 a.m. was probably the worst four hours of my life.

2. brendo44

brendo44 New Member

mark is absolutely right.

I'm being way too whiny here. Definately me. Sorry about that.

Just a final note. It was a joke. (something I clearly do far too much of)

Not changing any story. I got a kick out of seeing it all over the place. So did my boss. They were happy with the page views. But someone else sent the link out in the first place. Not me.

I like(d) ESPN when there was a balance of fun in the sports. sports is fun. I have fun shooting sports and calling hi-lites, and that obviously comes across.
    I lost interest when Sean Salisbury was on TV more than actual hi-lites and they held mock pressconferences. My issue wasn't with ESPN per se, it was with someone who thought they were WAY more important than me because of who they worked for. Same thing happens to small market guys around the country.

so after a bad show, something that has happened plenty in the past became the focus of a funny (at least i though funny) post on a "blog" that you can't comment on.

you can judge for yourself on my performance on our website and tell me what a no-talent ass clown i really am. ( http://www.wbng.com/sports )

But I'm not lying about it. And I don't see it as unprofessional. But that's Mark's expert opinion, and I'm learning to be ok with it. Someday, I will get there.

someday.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you say that dynamite goes boom, I'm not even going to watch.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Thanks for checking in, J-ho.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Really brendo, attempts to fellate markvid are really unflattering. At least try to put the knee pads away first.

;)

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Mark is good people.

It's clear he got a hair across his ass -- don't we all on occasion? I've been guilty of it more times than I count -- and may have carried on stronger than most of us. Big whoop. It's a message board.

FWIW, brendo seems to be taking it in stride. And I still love me some Wegmans, even though I live like six hours away from the closest one right now.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

OK, that's enough of this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.