1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Job Brownie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Nor'easter that hit over weekend has left my community with no power since Saturday. No ice for the Goose. No limes for the Gin and tonics. No sign of the Federal Govt emergency mgt team.

Guess that is what happens when a town votes 98% Republican.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's your fault. There was probably a school bus in a yard somewhere that you could have used to leave town.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This seems like a job for your electric company.

FEMA exists not so much to help people out in times of disaster but to overpay cronies for thousands of formaldehyde-tainted trailers -- theoretically for use in the case of a natural disaster.

4. Boom_70

Disappointed that there is no looting going on in the down town. It would have been fun to watch. I had my eye on some lime green whale pants in window of local haberdashery.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

A third world country could survive for a decade on all the food that's going to be tossed.

6. Boom_70

The town is badly in need of medicine. The mothers are running out of xanax.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stealing them would be a misdemeanor. Wearing them would be a felony.

8. Boom_70

Day 4 of no power, no sign of FEMA, no sign of Sean Penn, no looting. Now I know how the folks in the 9th ward felt.

Good news is that restaurant area has power so everyone is able seek respite in the form of sushi and a crisp Chardonnay.

Saw the strange site of Mike Lupica having dinner without his hair piece. Must have blew off in the storm.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, you surely have Sterno cans for your fondue pot. And you have the 10 hours to kill for them to cook your filet mignon. I feel pity not

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Could also chill the Goose by sticking it out in the snow. You need to show a little pioneer imagination here, Boom.

11. Boom_70

Snow is all gone. Goose is chilling nicely in cooler with daily ice replenishing. Weber grill running full tilt.

Key concern is getting cable back by Thursday for March Madness.

I think we can get by without help of Sean Penn.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't think Sean Penn can help with March Madness anyway.

If cable's not restored by tomorrow, put in an impassioned plea to Dick Vitale for support and rescue mission.

Draft saved Draft deleted