1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great finish to LPGA major!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Don't know if anybody else was watching the Nabisco on CBS. .. the first LPGA major.
    Brittany Lincicome hit a tremendous second shot on the 72nd hole then nailed the eagle putt to leapfrog two others tied for the lead to win her first major.

The shot is one for the ages.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

True, great roll on the green to bring it down from the back to what must have been about 3-4 feet.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Like everyone else, I wasn't watching, but making an eagle to win a major has to be incredibly rare. Impressive.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but who finished second?

5. pallister

pallister Guest

America.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jack. He still has the touch.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Really good to see someone started this thread. I did watch that shot ... one she'll never forget, that's for sure. Ranks right up there with the shot Karrie Webb holed out from the fairway there to win the title a few years ago.

Is it bad that I thought of Birdscribe, who has spoken very highly of Brittany Lincicome personally on this board? Couldn't have been happier for her.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brittany Lincicome is better than Nancy Lopez!

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very happy for Lincicome. Covered her in high school and she was incredibly well-grounded for a homeschooled prodigy destined for the pros.

10. Saw Webb's shot too.
    Brittany and her family are good people. I was tickled she won.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've interviewed Lincicome several times ... very candid and honest.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess what surprised me about the shot was how people began cheering for it even as it rolled to the back and before rolling back to the front. Great shot. Love the splash into the pond.

Draft saved Draft deleted