1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Day

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Dec 7, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Now, that's what I call a bonus.

2. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

That's some truly impressive stuff, Xan. Sixth gear all the way.

3. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

The best day ever involved me and a colleague and three local teams all winning championship games on the same day, about an hour from the office.

Two afternoon games, one in the evening, if I recall correctly.

We filled the front and two full inside pages. The photographers were right on!

It was glorious. Probably a 15-hour day, but day-um.

4. The fact that The Daily Planet figures nowhere in this anecdote puzzles me greately.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Something tells me it was a "Banner" day for X.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grew up with a guy named Jon Banner. But yes, homeslice, it was a Banner day in the land where the four winds blow.

One of the greatest days I had, too, is when I was watching CAT-TV (local access there), a bit kablooey of mind, and came across a singer who sang the song "Genital Soul." Laughed for hours. Funny this is, I told my best friend about the guy, who was so intrigued that he asked the guy to sing at his wedding in Vegas. Worked out like a peach.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Today is pretty good.

Off for the day and out of the office. Slept past 10. Played nine games of cornhole with Ms. Bobcat and some friends. Browns won. Steelers lost. Ravens just lost. Talked with the parents for a while. Lounged. Not bad.

8. Guess I'm thinking on a different plane here, but I'm recalling covering a high school game years back, writing from the office, hooking up with the cute girl from composing after lockout for a beer and then ending up in the back seat of my car.

Probably doesn't say much for my professional accomplishments, huh?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ryan Sonner rips out your eyes and pisses in your skull... for sport

Draft saved Draft deleted