1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great American Beerfest = FRAUD!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No love for Natty Light? It was the first beer I ever drank and, sadly, I continued to drink it.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How can this contest be considered serious with no mention of Yuengling, anywhere? Or, for that matter, Cousin Adams?

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

Pabst is large brewing company of the year as well as gold AND silver in American style cream ale or lager. Tremendous.

PBR me ASAP.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the problem is that 99 percent of the general public couldn't tell the difference in a blind taste test between the mass produced beers. unless you have a good microbrew or craft beer like sam adams (which is well past the microbrew stage) or something like blue moon, which is in its own category because it's brewed by coors but has a unique taste, it's all crap.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When I lived in a small town a year ago, a bar had a special: Can of Pabst and a shot for $2. Not even a cheap shot could get me to voluntarily drink a can of Pabst.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Firestone beers won medals. That helps the GAB credibility somewhat.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dude, i'll take a pbr over a genuine draft any day of the week. ugh. that shit is swill

pbr in the bottle is better than the can

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Blatz got passed over again? FUCK!

9. My uncle was buried with a bottle of Lone Star.

Yes, he was from deep in the heart of Texas ... and Mississippi.

Draft saved Draft deleted