1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grease fire when they try cremating a 600lb guy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 25, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headlines/story.aspx?content_id=231A7EEB-BB03-4D79-B967-2EEA839D3D98

What I find the most amusing part is the line at the end where the funeral director said he would assure the man's family that their loved one "wasn't harmed."

Wasn't he also dead when they shoved him in the oven?

2. This may be the strangest story ever posted here.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the momma joke: "Your momma's so fat when she broke her leg, gravy poured out."

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dude should NOT have fucked with Idaho's bike. He'll fuck you up even after you're dead.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Dude would have swallowed my bike seat in the ass folds. 600-pound dude hasn't been on a bike in more than 400 pounds worth of Whoppers, KFC and trips to Golden Corrall.

6. Bubbler

He bent the frame ... and broke your bell.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They should have parboiled him first. That helps cut down on the grease.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

How big is the urn?

9. Bubbler

You know the Great Salt Lake? It's not great anymore.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Never was. The is one stinky, rotten body of water. Think of it as bathwater that's been sitting there for 1,500 years. Water (and sediment) flows in, but never flows out. It evaporates and leaves the dirt and crud behind.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The story made it sound like a fire was a regular occurence when they cremated very fat people.
    I smell bacon ... no I smell a plot for the next season of Rescue Me.
    I can just see it now, Dennis Leary and the boys get called to a fire. They get there and it is a funeral home. The guy there explains that they were cremating a fat guy and Leary gives a knowing nod.

12. In Brainerd, they have a better idea!
    "And that would be you accomplice there in the woodchipper."

Draft saved Draft deleted