1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

gratuitous texting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Aug 15, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know.

That's why I've been single since Thanksgiving.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've pretty much retired from texting after a $500 phone bill a few months back.

That's what happens when you text the now ex-girlfriend -- as many as 70 times in day -- WITHOUT a text plan.

Yep, I'm a moran. :D

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Pallister makes a booty call.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Why do u hat America?

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

True to 19th-century Irish stereotypes, I'm a hatter.
    [​IMG]

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I text less than 50 times a day -- girlfriend or not -- something's wrong. I'm a picture-messaging fiend. I like to keep people up to date on my daily happenings.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Call me old-fashioned, but I still freakin' love e-mail.

If somebody sends you an e-mail, there isn't the expectation of an immediate response. Parties can converse at their leisure. Fewer hurt feelings. Plus, it's free, so nobody's paying by the letter.

Gratuitous e-mail: Technology without the guilt.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Are you Sean Salisbury? If so, keep me out of your 10.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I might be. But you'll never find out.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Um, yeah. My most recent ex decided to text me at 9 a.m. the morning after graduation when I was blissfully unaware of anything other than how much run I had had the night before. I was like, go back to your girlfriend and leave me the fuck alone.

I'm one of those rare 20-something girls that really hates texting. Sorry, if it's more than one line that I have to tell you, I'm calling. Even though I now have a BlackBerry curve and it's a lot easier to type long-ass messages, I'm old-school and prefer actual contact with people.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Just checked the text message inbox on my phone -- since I last cleared them out, I've received 19 messages. The oldest is two weeks old. And I'm completely fine with that. I treat text messages like phone calls -- it's a request, not a demand, for an answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted