1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grants Pass sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lance Ogden GP, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Ogden GP

Lance Ogden GP New Member

You guys are great. Thank you.

And just to let everyone know, I'd like to wrap this thing up in a hurry. I don't want to have a position stay open for too long during football season.

Thanks to everyone who has applied. I've received many quality resumes and clips. There's too many good people out there looking for work.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Football season? Lance, we both know the real work in Oregon comes during wrestling season.

3. thebigd

thebigd Member

apparently a hire will be made within the week

4. Lance Ogden GP

Now don't fence me in, there D. I do want to make a hire soon, but let's not put an exact date on it.

5. Lance Ogden GP

Folks, we've made the cut, and I've contacted those on the extreme short list the past couple of days. Thank you for applying. We had many, many great resumes. It was a difficult job to whittle down the list, but it had to be done.

Thank you. And to those of you who didn't advance in the hunt, good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

6. BigBrown

BigBrown New Member

So, Lance, are you saying it's too late for me to send you my resume?
    Your friend,
    RB
    ;D

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Being just up the road from GP, I've seen the paper a number of times and they do a number of things well for a paper that size. Not a bad gig for either entry-level or someone with a couple of years' experience.

8. Lance Ogden GP

RB, nice to see you stop by. I look forward to talking with you in the near future. Give me a buzz and let me know the next time you'll be out this way. Would love to do dinner and a beer.

9. Lance Ogden GP

Thanks to all for applying. Once again, we received several quality resumes and clips. Narrowing down the field was a difficult task. We did make a hire today, though, and that person will start in a couple of weeks.

A sincere thanks to all.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who is it??

11. Lance Ogden GP

Well hello, IJAG. Nice to meet you. After reading SportsJournalists.com the past few weeks, I must say, you're one of my favorites. Maybe I'll continue to come back here even after I put this hiring business to bed.

And I'll let the board know who was hired as soon as that person ties up a few loose ends.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I appreciate it, Lance. You seem to be a good egg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.