1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grants Pass sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lance Ogden GP, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jps

jps Active Member

lance is solid. the staff there, too, is a good group and most anyone would be happy to work with them, I'd think. I would actually look into it if I weren't already happily employed.
    for anyone wondering if they should look into this, the answer is yes.

2. The Granny

The Granny Guest

If your as good an SE as you are at just completely ruining a smart-ass newbie. Lance, when do you want me to start?

3. jps

jps Active Member

he is, g. as has been said, what you see/read, what you get.

4. Lance Ogden GP

Lance Ogden GP New Member

Thank you, guys. You are too kind.

Also, for anyone who's interested, please get your cover, resume and clips in ASAP. I'd like to get moving on filling this position.

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Couldn't help but notice LO removed his "hiked up his skirt" reference just before busting Ranger's balls about trying to be a wise guy.

Stay classy, "chief."

6. Lance Ogden GP

Nope. Actually I thought the skirt reference could be interpreted as a little harsh when it wasn't intended to come across that way.
    The guy who's leaving here is heading out on good terms for excellent reasons. I wish him well and will buy him a beer any time he passes through this area in the future.

Anything else, Leo?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Used to read the GP paper when I worked in Klamath (hey you can go to Klamath for fun). Solid paper.

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Fair enough. But dressing someone down for being a wise guy after implying the outgoing guy was a momma's boy just struck me as funny.

Carry on. I'll leave the jobs board jacks to Tom P.

Perhaps Ranger meant ask what there was to do in Grants Pass on a free Saturday.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Can't that be said about 90 percent of the threads on the job board? It doesn't sound like a town where there is absolutely nothing to do.

10. Lance Ogden GP

Stitch, I actually moved down quite a bit in circulation to be able to come to Grants Pass and Southern Oregon. For my money, there's no other place I'd rather live.

And true that, Leo. I was writing off the top of my head and thought I'd attempt to be funny. After reading the initial post, I realized I didn't accomplish what I set out to do, so I changed the lede. What you don't know, is if the gentleman who's leaving ever comes back through this area, he and his significant other are welcome to stay at my house for as long as they wish. There was no ill will intended.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I've been to a lot of shit cities. Grants Pass is not among them. It's a nice place, if a bit slow, but there are lots of options on long weekends and that's better than can be said about some other places.

Now, if you are looking for shit cities, the aforementioned Klamath Falls would make my list.

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

Home of the Caveman (an actual statue of one downtown).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.