1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grant Napear Fired

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LanceyHoward, Jun 3, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Do you think it's a smart move for an NBA team to have a play-by-play guy the players and a large percentage of the fans view as a racist? I do not.

I don't live in Sacramento and don't care about the Kings and I thought this guy was a clown just based on the few times I watched Kings broadcasts on the NBA Season Pass. If I was in charge of the Kings I couldn't fire this guy fast enough.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Fair enough ... but strictly based on performance, I thought Napier was a damn good NBA televison play-by-play person. The dispute with Cousins? I'm not qualfied to comment on.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What do I think of his performance?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Yep. You write all lives matter and you've written your resignation letter. Nobody's gonna survive that.

5. His views are whatever they are but you have to be smarter than that. He knew exactly what he was doing.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nobody ever responded to Blue Lives Matter with an All Lives Matter.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And for those keeping track of such things, radio's Gary Gerrould (yep, same one who's been a pit reporter on open-wheel racing) moves over to TV for the bubble season.

Liut likes this.
  8. NOT THAT JD

NOT THAT JD New Member

Fredrick, just stop. You know exactly where this is going. You're smarter than this.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

New around here?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Five messages and I don't see any beers yet.

11. NOT THAT JD

NOT THAT JD New Member

Been here for years. Just lurking for years. Watching him walk down a similar path as Napear that "you're" is equivalent to "anybody."

12. NOT THAT JD

NOT THAT JD New Member

Been here for years. Just lurking for years. Watching him walk down a similar path as Napear that "you're" is equivalent to "anybody."

Draft saved Draft deleted