1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grandpa gets baby gun as gift, dad gets baby a gun permit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, May 16, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I bet a signed first edition of Jones' book will appreciate more in value. :)

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Good for the kid. I wish my grandfather would've bought me a Beretta over/under at 10 months. Nice.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I understand the argument posed by Inky in regards to appreciation. However, why not purchase a savings bond for the kid? Dump the money into some Money Market fund or something. Why purchase a gun?

I also think that the father purchasing a license for the kid negates the theory on appreciation.

This gun was purchased to be used. These people are gun nuts. They have now gone out of their way to prove it to the point that a child of several months must be an owner.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

How does any state issue a gun license in an infant's name?
    This is beyond stupid.
    Dad could be a fucking criminal but gramps can get a weapon registered in an infant's name and Dad can now use it to go shooting up the mall.
    What a fucking country!

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Maybe the family is full of avid duck hunters?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If babies owning guns is outlawed, only outlaw babies will own guns.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pastor, I get the feeling the father did that as a joke. Much like the people who get credit cards in their dogs' name, just to see if they can.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You may well be right. It just doesn't sit right. I think what worries me most of all is what Spnited pointed out.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You people are slipping, so I'll go ahead and say it:

NOBODY. PUTS. BABY. IN. A. CORNER.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I agree with that. The state blindly issuing a permit like that is the most troublesome part of the story.

11. The kid's going to be even more confused when they explain to him how Grandpa's also his uncle.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Guns don't kill people, babies do.

Draft saved Draft deleted