1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Granderson to fund UIC baseball stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Feb 11, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If this is az d-b and is on the hot stove thread, my apologies. I didn't see it.

Curtis Granderson will give a major gift to fund a new baseball stadium at Illinois-Chicago, his alma mater. Classy move.

http://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/ny-yankess-centerfielder-pledges-to-build-baseball-stadium-on-uic-campus/

(Maybe Tim Lincicum will notice and help Washington do something about that piece of shit Husky ballpark. Lillibridge can contribute the chump change.)

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

UIC's baseball stadium already has a nice skyline to work with.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That building beyond right field kind of looks like the one the Evans family lived in on "Good Times."

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is the same argument such that Johnny Manziel should build a new stadium for A&M after he gets his first pro contract because like A&M did not benefit while he was there, right?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, wonder how much that land is worth.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't care Johnny Football does with the cash he'll get when he turns pro. Just linked an interesting story about a guy who probably has more money than he will ever need, helping out some of the people who helped him get there.

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I've umpired at UIC... Amazing skyline to work at, especially at night. The field is all turf and they just got a new scoreboard, so this is just completing the stands and getting up to capacity. The school and head coach want to host regionals, and it will be a great place to do so.

Awesome that they are going to let all the high school teams play games on that field.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If only this baseball stadium had 20,000 drunk, hot college girls in the stands every game like their counterparts on the Purple Line.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Good for Curtis. The guy is tireless off the field.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'll tell ya, country clubs and cemeteries biggest wasters of prime real estate.

[​IMG]

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that they were renovating/upgrading the UW facility.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where is the new field going to be built? In the same location?

And, the Evans lived a couple of miles due north up Halsted.

Draft saved Draft deleted