1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammys? Who cares? Country radio still hates the Chicks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Feb 13, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

You went to Hawaii in fifth grade? What were Greg, Peter, Marcia, Jan and Cindy really like?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muahahha. My dad ran the Honolulu Marathon and we made a long family trip out of it. Alas, between the urge to live large prior to the marathon and the hot and humid race day conditions, my dad ran one of his worst races.

And before anyone thinks I'm some sort of spoiled rich kid (hi Hondo) it was by far the most extravagant vacation my family has ever taken. We only flew to a vacation site three or four times in 20 years.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I hope the country-music radio chumps lose their shirts for practicing censorship over political views.

Clear enough?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Once a narrow gal who now believes that anyone that doesn't dance the liberal jig, speaks vile of Bush and applaud anything gay is inhumane. You've come a long way, babee....

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shit, it's been going on since 1956 when Chet Atkins and Owen Bradley, among others, started adding strings and choral arrangements in order to compete with rock and roll.

Up until then, the lines between country, pop and R&B had been pretty clearly delineated. After Elvis hit big, though, all bets were off and Atkins and Bradley did what they had to do in order to survive. Nashville has been doing that ever since, finding something that works and then oversaturating the marketplace with the same thing, trying to repeat the original's success.

6. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

That's obvious just by looking at Maines.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Oh my, Yawn's got a girlfriend!

One "Crocodile Dundee" moment, coming riiight up.... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted