1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammys? Who cares? Country radio still hates the Chicks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because that's Public Relations 101.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because if you say something that --- albeit truthful --- hurts your wife's feelings, chances are you'll apologize for it.

That's just the way it is.

By the way, the Chicks have since rescinded said apology.

3. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

If you like the Chicks, you'll buy their stuff. However, Clear Channel is the one saying "NO" to the Chicks, not the people who listen. That's called censorship. However, I'll definitely agree with the one post that said 15 percent are passionate about it either way and the other 70 percent just doesn't give a damn. I miss hearing the Chicks on radio, but I've got all their CDs, so that's taken care of. I liked them from the start and I still like a good bit on this current CD. It's not as strong as some of their others, but not bad.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I used to love country music, when I was younger. Guys like Willie and Waylon and Kris and Johnny. But ever since country has become 'Pop'-ified, I can't stand it any more. It's way over-produced, and it sounds like crap. And like Pop, it's all about the 'pretty people' look, which seems to be more important than vocal talent. I can't stand most Pop or Country anymore.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. I am boycotting blue type and the like. Too obvious.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, it goes through cycles. In he 80s when Nashville was trying to pawn Kenny and Dolly on everyone it was the same thing (though not every female singer had to be a blonde hottie).

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Very good point, Ace. I forgot about the Kenny and Dolly years, thankfully. :)

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Islands in the stream
    That is what we are
    No one in between
    How can we be wrong
    Sail away with me to another world
    And we rely on each other, ah-ah
    From one lover to another, ah-ah

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Now that's being a dick. I'll have that song stuck in my head for hours.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ha ha, BYH :)

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

C'mon. As an inbred hick conservative, that song is in your head every day. :D :D :D

It could be worse. You could have been on a redeye flight from Hawaii in 5th grade, stuck choosing between the headphones--where the only recognizable song was "Islands In the Stream"--or watching Staying Alive. (for the record, my dad and I were the only ones who stayed awake to watch Staying Alive)

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Someone, somewhere has that circumstance as their version of hell. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted