1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's bad enough having to avoid that crap while looking for songs on YouTube.

That said, some of the performance mash-ups worked pretty well ... Keith Urban/Gary Clark Jr., Carole King/Sara Bareilles, even Chicago/Robin Thicke (Robert Lamm's had quite a bit of work done ... his face looked Kenny Rogers-ish).

I didn't watch the entire show, but what I saw of the Grammys was fairly entertaining.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I read no mentions of Mr. Dahmer in the rhetoric of "listening to this rock and roll is going to send you to hell." I really need to manage my news feed.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've seen the Angela Lansbury massage video. I think Beyonce stole some of her moves.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So being a west coaster it's tape-delayed. As such, I figured CBS would edit it down so it fit the window, but no my DVR cut out right after the in memoriam segment. Nah, they couldn't have cut out some of the social media stuff or awkward insertions of CBS actors. That is some weak bitter sauce.

You can't mention Paul Williams and omit "Evergreen" with Barbra Streisand, Grammy Song of the Year, Academy Award for Best song. Also wrote the lyrics to The Love Boat theme.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tattooed chick from NCIS wandering around backstage with a microphone seemed horribly out of place.

And as much of a natural as he might seem, LL Cool J probably doesn't get the hosting gig every year if he's not the star of NCIS: Los Angeles on ... CBS.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Lorde without autotune - a snapshot of pop music in the 2010s.
    We have reached the abyss.
    It's dark and it stinks.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You realize it's a joke, right?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think he does. :)

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Worry about what you think.
    That appears to be problematic enough.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I tried running that through Babelfish, and it still didn't help.

Draft saved Draft deleted