1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BadgerBeer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If she did lip sync, then she baldfaced lied on Twitter.

http://www.eonline.com/news/503652/pink-brings-back-her-best-gymnastics-moves-to-the-grammys-also-performs-duet-with-nate-ruess

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Having now watched the performance, if you guys think that was lip syncing, then you've never heard that song. It sounded totally different, and you could hear her breathing. Words dropped out.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I knew I could hear her breathing. I just can not imagine being that good while hanging upside down. Amazing.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep. She clearly gasped for air a couple of times.

She needs an in-house residency at a Vegas resort. She's be awesome.

5. TigerVols

The producer who decided it would be a good idea to show videos from fans singing the nominated songs, instead of quick clips of the artist themselves, should be fired.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Queen Latifah has power vested in her by the state of California?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is correct. Just a brainless decision.

8. TigerVols

Thanks, Stevie Wonder, for transcribing tonight's #Grammys with your court reporter's keyboard.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Little Enos Burdette just won a Grammy. My night is made.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Let's not forget, too, that she already fell out of that harness once in 2010, although she escaped serious injury. Pretty ballsy to still be in the saddle.

Visions of Harry Shearer were running through my head through every second of that. :)

I never would have believed at the start of the night that I would applaud Daft Punk landing the big prize, but after that performance ...

And I'm no big country fan, but I thought that Kacey Musgraves did a really cute song. Great lyrics.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

By the way, did everyone realize that Paul Williams, the old guy up there with Pharrell and Daft Punk, is the same Paul Williams who wrote "Rainy Days and Mondays" for the Carpenters, and also wrote hits for the Monkees, Helen Reddy and Bobby Sherman?

That, to me, is a slightly mind-bending fact.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Oscar nominated Kermit the Frog.

Draft saved Draft deleted