1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy nominees

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 1, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Truth is our best defense. :)

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Plenty of great stuff around these days. You just would never know it from the Grammys.

That's always been the case. The Beatles won "Song of the Year" exactly once -- for "Michelle," the biggest piece of shit they ever recorded. "Yesterday" lost out to "The Shadow of Your Smile." "Hey Jude" lost to "Little Green Apples."

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This seems the appropriate place to share this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/12-extremely-disappointing-facts-about-popular-mus

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I love "Michelle"...

Didn't Arcade Fire win last year? Or was that the MTV awards? They are an amazing band.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Exactly. There is a ton of great music out there, it's just usually not reflected in the Grammys. Arcade Fire was a notable example and I'm glad that Adele will probably win this year as that was a good album.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've tried Arcade Fire, and found no redeeming qualities. I understand others feel differently.

I will now.

Draft saved Draft deleted