1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grammy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 10, 2013.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've got no problem with Lonely Boy winning. Freedom at 21 is like the 8th best song on Blunderbuss, but Blunderbuss should have been the easy winner for best rock album.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Let me know when the remembrances are coming up so I can watch those and get some ideas for the "last words" thread.

Anybody good performing? Or anybody really bad performing that we can make fun of?

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'd imagine Mumford and Sons is playing, so there's a target-rich performance. If you've been saving up suspenders jokes, now is the time. People who dress as if the Civil War is ongoing deserve our ridicule.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea who's performing. I will say the Zac Brown Band is my current "I always forget how much I like them until I hear one of their songs" leader.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Actually, the list of performers is pretty good except Taylor Swift. I want her to perform sex live on stage because I really don't think she's done it before...I want to judge and see for myself.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Here's a list:

Travis Barker, Chuck D, LL Cool J, Tom Morello, and DJ Z-Trip
    Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert
    The Black Keys
    Zac Brown, T Bone Burnett (as musical director), Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard, Elton John, Mumford & Sons, and Mavis Staples, who will pay tribute to the late Levon Helm of the Band
    Stanley Clarke, Chick Corea and Kenny Garrett in tribute to Dave Brubeck
    Kelly Clarkson
    Dr. John and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band with the Black Keys
    Fun.
    Elton John with Ed Sheeran, performing together live for the first time
    Juanes
    Alicia Keys and Maroon 5
    The Lumineers
    Bruno Mars, Rihanna, and Sting
    Miguel and Wiz Khalifa
    Mumford & Sons
    Frank Ocean
    Rihanna
    Taylor Swift
    Justin Timberlake
    Carrie Underwood
    Jack White

http://bostinno.com/2013/02/10/2013-grammys-performers-who-is-performing-at-the-grammy-awards/#ss__295350_295337_0__ss

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I want her to perform hara-kiri on stage.

Edit: At least she's first. Will someone call me when she finds a bucket to carry a tune in?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yes. They are having the baby in a bathtub or the kitchen sink, not clear on that.

The opening number is either an Alice in Wonderland trip or an open audition for Cirque du Soleil Nutcracker.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What does LL Cool J keep under that hat? Just your wildest guess.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that crazy cop who got fired from the LAPD is hosting the Grammys.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Still no. I feel like I've done some psychedelics after watching that performance. What does the circus and giant fluffy teddy bears have to do with breaking up with your boyfriend?

Draft saved Draft deleted