1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Graham (TX) Leader needs sports editor again?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SportsStringer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SportsStringer

SportsStringer New Member

Saw a post today elsewhere for this job again. Any of you know what's up? They had just filled that in May.

2. speters

speters New Member

The kid they hired couldn't handle the cultural shock of living in Graham after living the Metroplex his entire life. I was about to accept that position before him, but couldn't financially afford it at the time nor could my wife and I find places to live that weren't too small or too expensive.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Tyler Dunne got this job and turned it down too?

Sorry, I couldn't resist the obvious joke. I gotta believe going about what, 40 or 50 miles west of Fort Worth might be culture shock.

4. speters

speters New Member

It's a little further out than that and it's not a bad small town. I worked in Breckenridge in 2009 and coming from a big-city background, that was a culture shock.

5. SportsStringer

SportsStringer New Member

Any updates on the filling of this one? Saw that they had an ad now in their newspaper about it.

6. speters

speters New Member

Still open from what I know in talking with their managing editor. It's not a bad gig for someone who can tolerate a small-town atmosphere, being a one-man show twice a week and a relative cub in the business. If I could afford to move out there on the up-front cost, I do so quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted