1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

graffiti threat shuts down university, four other schools

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-xavier-14apr14,0,5084165.story

I post this mainly because the school in question, St. Xavier University in Chicago, has as its first line of security... my 72-year-old mother-in-law. She works the main phone desk. If you call between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday, you get her (I like to call her the Voice of St. Xavier). I would like to think SXU for placing my mother-in-law in that position of first level of security (really, she's considered part of the security staff), and botching all of this so badly that she's spent her last three days at work under a barrage of calls from worried parents, students and others trying to figure out what's going on.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I hope they catch the stupid asshole who did this.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is kind of a national big story now.

Wow, SportsJournalists.com has one degree of separation again!

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

By the way, I want to note these words are not mine, and not necessarily reflective of my mother-in-law's feelings. Though she, like everyone else, was grossed out when only a few weeks ago, the SXU cafeteria was shut down because of a mouse infestation.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Similar happenings at Oakland University in suburban Detroit. Campus closed today.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/NEWS03/804140355

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Gee, this doesn't sound like a gross over-reaction at all.

7. Ephesians 4:14
    Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.

(first thing that comes up when I google 4/14)

Yes, this does seem like a gross overreaction, but everybody is understandably in CYA mode these days.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Your passage implies a big "if" in Ephesians 4:13.

Draft saved Draft deleted